Are you tired of worrying about your bad breath? Do you find yourself stressing about how to hide your persistent bad breath? If so, you could have halitosis. Halitosis is a condition that causes you to have stubborn bad breath that is difficult to eradicate.
Our dentist, Dr. Paul L. Evans, can help you find the cause of your halitosis. That is why our team at Paul L. Evans, DDS in Grass Valley, California, is sharing a list with you on what might be the cause of your condition.
Here is a list of what might be the cause of your halitosis:
– Foods: Delicious foods and drinks like coffee, garlic, sodas, onions, and even teas can cause your breath to smell.
– Cavities: Cavities can cause your teeth to smell as your teeth rot if neglected.
– Other conditions: Other conditions in your body such as liver conditions, kidney malfunctions, and respiratory tract infections can cause halitosis.
– Tobacco: Tobacco use in any form irritates the teeth and gums and causes severe bad breath along with many other health problems that could be dangerous to your health.
– Gum disease can cause your gums to smell due to the bacteria lurking in them, and this is the most common reason for halitosis in your smile.
– Medications: Some medications given by your doctor could lead to severe bad breath.
– Dry Mouth: Your mouth needs saliva often to clear away the smelly foods and bacteria from your smile.
As you can see, there are several triggers to halitosis. The good news is there are many ways you can treat the condition which starts by visiting your dentist. If you are in need of an appointment, or have any questions about our office, please call us at 530.273.4442. We look forward to hearing from you.